To strengthen capacities as well as better utilize research, GSSP initiated a program for supporting Master’s level thesis research in 2013. In addition to offering students resources and collaboration opportunities to build their research capabilities, the scholarship program aims to enhance the relevance of this body of research to improving the effectiveness of agricultural and rural development strategies in Ghana. Thirty-five proposals addressing regional issues and priority crops were selected after a competitive selection process. Out of which, 18 students collected their own primary data; the datasets of which are now available and can be downloaded by clicking on the titles of each study below.
Summary of students research (First Round of GSSP scholarship scheme) are also available for download!
Note: The datasets are NOT IFPRI datasets but rather independent datasets derived from Master level thesis research supported by GSSP.
- Effect of Millennium Development Authority(MiDA) Intervention on Productivity of Maize Farmers in the Afram Basin of Ghana by Agyekum, Afia Fosua
- Impact of Council for Scientific and Industrial Research Radio Peace Program on Dissemination of Agricultural Information in the Central Region of Ghana by Folitse, Benjamin Y.
- Perceived Impact of Adoption of Improved Cassava Varieties on Farmers' Livelihoods in the Central Region of Ghana by Danso, Bright
- Technology Adoption and Productivity of Rice in the Atebubu-Amantin Municipality in the Brong-Ahafo Region of Ghana by Tsinigo, Edward
- Factors Influencing the Adoption of Organic Fertilizers in Vegetable Production in Accra by Lavison, Robert Kofi
- Assessing the Effect of Oil Palm Production Schemes on Smallholder's Productivity in the Mpohor-Wassa East District by Prempeh, Alexandra Boame
- Livelihood Diversification and Vulnerability of Women Farmers in Bole District in the Northern Region of Ghana by Flomo, Beatrice Musu
- Market Participation of Smallholder Farmers in the Upper West Region of Ghana by Abu, Benjamin Musah
- Farmer Field Fora and the Adoption of Yam Integrated Pest and Disease Management Technologies in Northern Ghana by Atakora, Daniel Opare
- Financial Viability of Cocoa Agroforestry Management Technologies in Ghana by Nunoo, Isaac
- Level and Factors of Adoption, Perception and Awareness of Plantain Technologies by Anumu, Dominica
- Microfinance Programs in the Northern Region: Assessing Women's Participation and It's Effect on Household Food Security by Gyasi, Bertha
- Analysis of Farmer's Access to Credit in the Upper West Region by Motin, Bashiru
- Effect of Land Tenure Security on the Productivity of Farmers in the West Mamprusi District by Samwini, Cephas Joshua
- Distribution of Agricultural and Rural Services in Ghana: A Public Expenditure Benefit Incidence Analysis by Hambali, Dauda
- Farmers' Perception and Use of Indigenous Technical Knowledge (ITK) for Maize Storage in the Yendi and Gusheigu Districts by Abdulai, Fauzia
- Formal and Informal Credit Demand by Rice Farmers in the Northern Region of Ghana by Alhassan, Munira Muhammed
- Economics of Small Ruminant Livestock Production in Northern Ghana by Adams, Faizal