The Ghana Strategy Support Program, International Food Policy Research Institute (GSSP, IFPRI) seeks a Research Officer (RO) for a one-year, fixed-term, exempt, renewable appointment. The RO will work with Dr. Shashidhara Kolavalli, Program Leader, GSSP, and will assist him mainly on publications, such as research papers, books, and presentations in different research projects etc. This position is based at IFPRI Accra, Ghana.
The candidate is expected to perform a gamut of editorial, research and support duties to coordinate publication of materials in scholarly works, professional journals and books. He/she should be able to perform assignments independently, with minimal supervision. The typical duties will involve:
- Editing and/or proofreading manuscripts and other forms of copy for publication, making stylistic, structural and grammatical corrections, as well as other substantive changes as needed.
- Overseeing compilation and proofreading of indexes, tables of contents, graphs, tables and other facts and figures related to the publication. May research and request permission for reproduction of material to be published.
- Conferring with author(s) on content, form, style and perform manuscript revision.
- Assisting in drafting papers/reports and performing literature reviews.
- Assisting with field work and data collection and basic analyses.
- Other relevant job duties as assigned.
The candidate should have excellent command of vocabulary, spelling, grammar and writing skills. College degree is required.Preferably in English. Though a background in Economics with demonstrated ability to write correct, concise and clear English will also be given due consideration.
Interested candidate/s apply with a cover letter, updated CV and an appropriate writing sample (which is desired but not mandatory) to email@example.com by August 31, 2016.